A validated process SCADA system for coating heart valves needed an upgrade with several desired improvements. Cybertrol designed a new system to virtualize the system infrastructure, simplify software programming, and more.
The existing system had devolved over time into a “ball of band-aids” as the software had been modified over many years by many different programmers. It was, however, an FDA-validated process. The original system utilized obsolete software and lacked the capabilities of modern platforms. Many operations within the software were overly complicated, making changes very difficult and often disruptive to the rest of the system.
Cybertrol designed a new system from the ground up, utilizing:
- Virtualized SCADA system infrastructure
- Wonderware System Platform systems for HMI, Historian, and Reporting
- Current best practice HMI programming designs
- Elimination of “dead code” from the programming
- Simplification of software programming
The system was validated and is now able to be more easily validated when changes occur. New operators can easily understand the HMI interfaces and run the system more reliably with less confusion.