A leader in liquefied natural gas storage and fueling systems needed a safe and secure control system.
The system required automation as they were typically unmanned. This required use of industrial automation equipment for process control, safety, and automatic interface to fire alarm systems. The system required safe operation of system sensors, pumping motor controls, and fire alarming.
Cybertrol’s project solutions included:
- Hazardous location XP-rated control enclosure
- Safe location PLC/HMI control panel
- Safety PLC outputs for shutdowns of process valves and motors
- Safety PLC inputs for methane sensors and fire-eyes integrated with a Fire Alarm Panel
- Safety PLC Program for all safety devices
Systems have been installed over many years with no incidents and have been reviewed and accepted by authorities across the U.S. Systems are remotely monitored with occasional maintenance site visits.